Bay Lodge is located on the seafront opposite the Redoubt Military Fortress and the Pavilion Tea Gardens, and just across from the beach. The pier is about 10 mins walk and other attractions like the theatres, Band Stand, the Wish Tower and the main shops are 15-30 minutes walk. There is a Dotto Train which runs all along the seafront, and there is good local bus service with pickups along the seafront and Terminus Road. Sovereign Harbour, with its shops and restaurants, is 5-10 mins by car.
Nearby Points of Interest
- Beachy Head (4 mi)
- Beachy Head, the South Downs and Seven Sisters Country Park are all easily accessible from Eastbourne. The start of the South Downs lays at the end of the promenade at Holywell Bay and is ideal for walking. Beachy Head has breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding countryside. Have a look at the Belle Toute Lighthouse and coast guard cottages at Burling Gap. For a level walk and some bird watching visit Cuckmere Haven followed by lunch at the Golden Galleon Pub.
- Redoubt Fortress (0.1 mi)
- Napoleonic Fortress with military museum.
- Seven Sisters Country Park (6 mi)
- Situated in the South Downs National Park, the Seven Sisters Country Park comprises 280 hectares of chalk cliffs, meandering river valley and open chalk grassland. It is a popular place for a number of outdoor activities including walking, birdwatching, cycling and canoeing.
- Eastbourne Airbourne (0.5 mi)
- Four day free airshow on the seafront in August.
- Eastbourne Extreme (0.5 mi)
- Two days in July of activities:- inline skating, kite flying, sailing, power boat racing, skateboarding etc. Stalls and rides on the seafront.
- International Tennis (1.5 mi)
- A week in June of international tennis at Devonshire Park Lawn Tennis Club. Top women and some men players.
- Beer Festival (2 mi)
- The biggest beer festival in East Sussex comes to Eastbourne's Winter Garden every October. Try from a range of over 150 real cask ales on tap, from quirky named brews to award winners, all of which have been chosen especially for the festival by our local CAMRA members.In addition visit the Wine Bar, Cider Bar and the International Bottled Beers Bar for a range of brews from all around the world.
- Beachy Head Marathon (2 mi)
- The Eastbourne Beachy Head Marathon is one the biggest off-road marathons in the UK. Formerly known as the Seven Sisters Marathon, it is popular for its scenic and challenging route through the South Downs National Park countryside. Great for runners, joggers or walkers looking to get fit.
- Supermarket (3 mi)
- There is a large Tesco supermarket approximately 5 minutes drive away.
- Local Shops (0.25 mi)
- There is a chemist, grocery store, off licence and many other shops approximately five minutes walk away in Seaside Road.
- Restaurants/Cafes (0.25 mi)
- There are several takeaways and restaurants including fish and chips, Chinese, Indian and Thai approximately 5-10 minutes walk away in Seaside Road.
- Pub (0.25 mi)
- There is a pub called the Victoria nearby which serves local ales and meals (not every day).
- Pub (0.5 mi)
- There is a pub called the Marine in Seaside Road which has a restaurant serving a variety of meals. It is a highlight at Christmas as it is decorated on the inside with hundreds of lights.
A22 and A27(12.0mi, 19.3km)
To find the Bay Lodge when travelling to Eastbourne by car:-
Join the A27 from the A22 and follow the signs to Eastbourne Seafront.
Turn right at roundabout at Sovereign Leisure Centre.
Drive along the seafront past Treasure Island and Redoubt Fortress.
Bay Lodge is situated on the right opposite the Pavilion Tea Gardens. To park in our car park at the rear of Bay Lodge turn right into Redoubt Road and take first left. The car park has six spaces. Entry to Bay Lodge is in Royal Parade.